5 Books You Need To Read Right Now

February 17, 2018

Hey guys!

I love reading, especially during the summer time, when I can lay on the beach with a cold drink in hand. However during the school year I struggle to find the time with school work, youtube and now blogging, ontop of other activities like photography and dancing. However recently I have picked up a few new books and have been loving them! 

The type of books I am into are more realistic fiction, however recently I have found myself picking up more self help books. Addictive to say the least. So those are the two categories of books I am the most into. Although I was forced to read a biography for an English project, Unbearable Lightness, by Portia De Rossi, and it actually wasn't so bad...



1. Everything, Everything By Nicola Yoon - Literally one of THE BEST books I have ever read. I bought it while I was in Hawaii (after finishing another ridiculously good book) and read it in a day flat. Ooops. There is also a film based on the book, but it is no where near as good. Definitely read the book first! It was so captivating, and I could not put this one down. I don't want to give any spoilers, so Ill give a quick overview. It is about a girl, Maddie, who is allergic to the world. The only friends she has are online, and her nurse. She lives with her mum, who does everything possible to keep her safe. Maddie has not been outside in over a decade, she is only 17. However her whole world changes when a boy moves in next door. He wins over her heart, but she suffers for it. I won't say anymore as I don't want to give it away, but seriously. READ IT.
Everything Everything - Nicola Yoon

2. The Sun is Also a Star By Nicola Yoon - The second book ever written by Nicola Yoon, and just as good. Everything Everything will always be my favourite, but this one is a really good read too! When I was in Hawaii last summer I bought one book with me (don't ask why, a moment of weakness perhaps?) and read it within the first day or so. I then strolled down to the nearest Barnes and Noble, and picked up Everything Everything. Then I finished reading that. The next day I went back down to the book shop and picked up two more books. This one, and my next favourite. I read this book in a day, which is the best decision I ever made, and Ill tell you why in a minute. This book is about a girl and boy, with different beliefs. They try to change each others way of thinking. Now what I did not realize, was that this whole book is one day. From morning to night when the book finishes, it is based on a 24 hour period. Literally this book is so good, and reading it in a day is a must!
The Sun is Also a Star - Nicola Yoon

3. The One Memory of Flora Banks By Emily Barr - This book made me fall in love with the name Flora, don't ask why, it is just literally my favourite name. This was the second book I picked up in Hawaii, as I mentioned above, and I seriously loved it. It is about a girl, Flora, who has short term memory loss. She remembers everything up until her accident, but anything after that gets lost. Her parents are extremely protective of her, until they have to go somewhere. I won't say anything else as I don't want to give it away, but I fell in love with this book, and it is my second favourite after Everything Everything!
The One Memory of Flora Banks - Emily Barr

4. Wild Like Me By Louise Pentland - This was the one book I bought to Hawaii with me! Now don't get me wrong, I love Louise (AKA Sprinkleofglitter), but that is not why I bought this book. I actually wasn't going to get it, until she started talking about it in a video on her youtube channel. It was then that it sounded like a seriously good book I had to get my hands on. For right reasons too. Throughout Wild Like Me you can really feel Louise in the book. It is about a single mum called Robin Wilde, and her daughter Lila. Robin goes through many ups and downs, and the story is about how she overcomes all her life problems, and literally slays life. Ill leave it there, but this book is definitely one of my favourites!
Wilde Like Me - Louise Pentland

5. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck By Mark Manson - Now this is the self help book I was talking about. I have no clue who the author is, but he seems to be a fellow blogger. His humour in the book is just like mine, and he is not afraid to tell you the truth. Literally a must read if you are interested in this sort of book. My mum got this book for Christmas, but while she was out I stole it and started reading it myself. I have now finished the book, and really loved it! It honestly changed my way of thinking, and how I see the world and our lives. I want to get some more books like this, but this one was a great start! Literally amazing!
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck - Mark Manson

I recently bought the self help book You're a Badass, which was recommended by my dance teacher, and so far SO GOOD. I wish I had more time throughout the year to read, but unfortunately school takes up too much time. When I do start reading though I find it difficult to stop! Feel free to share your favourite books down below :)

Hustle Hard Girl,



Follow Me On: 


You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I won a copy of Wilde Like Me, but am yet to have the time to pick it up - however after reading this I think I definitely need to make time and get reading. It sounds awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. I'd also love to read Everything Everything, everyone raves about it so much and it sounds right up my street.

    Holly from The Art of Being Holly xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats amazing that you won a copy! Yes you definitely need to read it! Everything Everything is one of my favourites :) xx

      Delete
  2. Haha, such a coincidence - I published a book-related post yesterday! :D

    This was really useful - I've heard really good things about The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*uck, but I currently have like 50 books on my reading list already! I need to make more time for it. :(

    Sneha | lifewithsneha.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no way! Yes it was so good!! Definitely need more time for just sitting around and reading! xx

      Delete
  3. These all sound amazing! Wish I had more time to resd

    www.petiteelliee.com

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything, Everything is absolutely amazing!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything, everything is probs my fave book! It's so perfect xx

    www.flolavita.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! One of my favourites for sure! xx

      Delete
  6. I've never read any of these! So I'm definitely going to have to check it out! Thanks for sharing girl :)

    xx, mel
    http://melinspired.com/inspired-in-mexico/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You definitely need to have a look at some of them! xx

      Delete
  7. I wish I read this post before I went to the book store! I literally bought 4 new books and would have loved to try your recommendations!!! Especially because I always tend to buy mystery novels and want to try something different! I'll have to keep these in mind for next time! xo

    www.samanthaalexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Next time! I have never tried mystery, but I bet they are just as good!! xx

      Delete
  8. The only book I've read from this list is Everything, everything & I completely agree with you about the book being better than the film. I was excited to watch the film after loving the book but it just didn't live up to expectations.
    Book 2 & 3 sound like something I'd enjoy so I'll have to buy them!

    www.kaieshastewart.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Definitely a bit of a let down... yes they are both so good!! xx

      Delete
  9. I have been in a real book-reading mood lately, but there are just so many dang books! I wander into a bookshop and get so excited at all the options, spend a minimum of an hour reading blurbs, and then leave with nothing because I couldn't decide.
    Guides like this are fantastic and will definitely refer to this list next time I'm looking through a book shop.


    www.megpuddy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I love books too! My favourite time to read is in the summer when I can lounge on a beach with a book in hand day in day out! I definitely understand the struggle! xx

      Delete

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Study With Me!

Recent On Youtube:

Recent On Youtube:
Colourpop Haul, Unboxing & Review!

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
TMI Tag!