March Review

March 31, 2018


I love doing these monthly reviews, because this is going to be a huge year, and I really want to be able to look back at everything at the end. So far I have only done a February review, as I didn't come up with the idea until then, but I plan on keeping them up from here on out!



I will start off with Anxiety, as I prefer to end these posts on a positive note! My anxiety has been kind of all over the place this month. One second I am as happy as can be in my P.J's watching Greys Anatomy, and the next it is like a tsunami of Anxiety. It hasn't been as bad as past months though, so I am at least thankful for that!



Onto happier notes! I finally ordered some bits from Colourpop, which I have wanted to try FOREVER. I also did a post about them which you can read here. I have really been loving these makeup bits and creating new looks, as I haven't done so in a while!



Sneak peak at the dress ;)

ALSO being in grade 12 means that prom is on its way, and I finally went dress shopping! I went with some of my friends, and it was so much fun! I hate dresses for so many reasons; I am 5'1 and look 7 years old in a dress, I DO NOT have the figure to pull off a dress, and they just make me feel awkward and uncomfortable. I tried on a total of 6 dresses, which is like NOTHING. But I can be the best and worst person to shop with. I can be really quick with a decision if I find something I love, but on the other hand I know what I like and can be extremely fussy. I was forced to try on some dresses I knew I wouldn't like, because you know "It might look different on! You might love it!" (I didn't). But it made them happy, haha!



I have also been trying a lot harder with Instagram, to post more, engage more and mainly create a theme. I really want to start an Instagram theme, because I am an artistic person and I love that sort of thing! Besides I have an aesthetic when it comes to my youtube videos which you can see simply by looking at the thumbnails, so why not try it with Instagram? So far I think I have done pretty well! You can see some of my theme at the bottom of this page, and follow me here. I have also doubled my follower count, after having it sit on the same number for a year (I am not joking, I hadn't logged into my public account in ages!).

Twitter has also been a thing recently. I created an account back in July and then forgot about it. However since starting up with the blog again, Twitter has become such an excellent source on entertainment! The blogging community is amazing, and can we just talk about those chats? I think they have to be the best thing to exist! Follow me here :)

Youtube has been a little slower recently. I haven't had as much motivation, but still been loving filming. My subscriber count has not really changed this month, so I clearly need to focus more on it when I get the time! You can watch some of my videos, and follow me here ;)



I got my hair cut again so that it is still short, however I kind of want to go even shorter... or maybe I should grow it long again? I also got my eyebrows waxed and tinted for the first time since November (I know, shock, horror). I just do not trust these people, the last person I went to 'effed them up completely, didn't give a shite and was rude. So I went to a different place this time, I already love this spa, the people are really lovely, and it is expensive so you expect them to be good right? Wrong. My eyebrows looked worse than ever. One was longer than the other, she forgot to tint half of one eyebrow which looked funky, and one was shorter length wise (as well as being thinner). Also did I mention one was bloody wonky? My god, I spent half an hour reshaping them when I got back home so that they look at least half decent. Still pissed off. Especially since I had spent half a freaking year growing them back from the last 'eff up (and it was hella expensive) :(

How has your month been?

Hustle Hard Girl,





Follow Me On: 




You Might Also Like

52 comments

  1. Love the products in this post!

    Mihaailo | mihaailo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying Twitter too! Like you, I had an account and didn't do anything with it until last month. I love how positive and inclusive the blogging community is on there - I feel right at home! x

    Sneha | lifewithsneha.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I know right?! The Twitter blogging community is the best! xx

      Delete
  3. I want to try Colorpop products so badly as I've heard so many wonderful things about them!
    xx jen
    http://lilthoughtswithjen.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! You should! Some of their products are amazing, others were a little disappointing! Haha! xx

      Delete
  4. I've enjoyed reading your post, i'm glad your anxiety
    has been better than other months! and i've never tried
    colourpop i'd love to, though! I've read good reviews about their products!

    I just discovered your blog and i really like it :)
    xx
    http://lalabetterdayz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much!! That honestly means the world to me! Colourpop has some really good products for sure! xx

      Delete
  5. really enjoy posts like this, simply because I'm so nosey lol! I know exactly how it is with the anxiety - it can be so up and down, I hope April is better for you! I'm also off to read your colour pop post because your photos of the products has pulled me in - the products look lovely! x

    whatevawears.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Haha!! I know right? Ahh thank you so much!! Hope you enjoy reading it! That means the world to me! xx

      Delete
  6. Love these posts! I've started these too, they are a great way to reflect on the past 4 weeks. I have also started working in my IG recently and am finding it a little more difficult to Twitter? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Some of my favourites to read so I can nosey around others lives! I find people on Twitter far more genuine, and so sweet, it is definitely more of a community! However I seen to find it easier to grow and reach others on Instagram! xx

      Delete
  7. I have also started working on my IG recently! These posts are a great way to reflect on the past 4 weeks I think x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are lovely, I really enjoyed this post it's great to read reviews of how other peoples month went, I also have a youtube channel and am finding growth really slow but it's the enjoyment that counts, ill be sure to check out your channel after this xx
    http://www.lifeascaitlin.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much!! That means the most to me! Ill definitely go take a look at your channel too! Its all about the creativity and enjoyment you get out of it! xx

      Delete
  9. I love colourpop! But I am living in Portugal now and having stuff from the US is a nightmare! I always endup paying a lot for customs :/
    Prom is so exciting!!

    You have such a cool blog! I’m following and I would absolutely love if you could follow me too ;)

    TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that must be so different but exciting to be in Portugal! I use to go there on holiday every year when I was younger, I use to go to Lagos! Thank you so much!! xx

      Delete
  10. Your photos are stunning! And well done on all your social media progress - especially Instagram, I’m trying to grow mine and post more and it’s taking as much effort as my blog posts!

    Ellyn x | Life Of A Beauty Nerd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely!! Yes it is definitely time consuming, but worth it for the friends you make! xx

      Delete
  11. You're photo's are incredible <3 it's always good to reflect a month and really see how far you've come or where you want to focus for the month ahead. Fantastic post, and I'm sure you will look absolutely stunning in your prom dress.

    Emma x
    emmarollason.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! That means a lot to me! I love looking back at the months! xx

      Delete
  12. Read Greys Anatomy and I instantly like you! I feel you with the stress of prom dresses, I didn't get my May Ball one until about two weeks before, I knew what I wanted but just couldn't find anything, good luck with it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Ahh stressful right?! I knew what I wanted too, luckily it didn't take too long to find it for once! xx

      Delete
  13. Aw I’m sorry about your eyebrows! I have thick eyebrows and people have definitely butchered them over the years, but I found one good place and I am going to stay with them forever lol. I’m glad you’re anxiety has been better!! Lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I know right?! Thicker eyebrows can be a blessing and a pain! You're lucky you found a good place, cherish it!! Haha! Thank you so much!! :) xx

      Delete
  14. Sorry to hear about your eyebrow fiasco. I had the same situation. I trusted a BROW salon to do my brows, and they ended looking pretty jacked up -_-" So now I have trust issues. I need to try colourpop :B

    http://www.rosegoldrhyme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly its impossible these days! My friend went to the Benefit Brow Bar and they waxed off her skin and was left with horrible scabs and scars all around her eyebrows! I have trust issues with them too! xx

      Delete
  15. Ouch! I cannot get my eyebrows waxed because my skin is always red & iritated for like a week after. On a more positive note, your photos are amazing!

    - Courtney
    www.courtneyslittlethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happened to me once, my skin was ripped off because I was on Acne medication that made the skin more sensitive & the technician didn't realize! Thank you!! xx

      Delete
  16. I love this idea of reviewing literally everything! I usually do this in my diary but never make it into a blog post...great idea! My month has been interesting. I've recently started taking blogging more seriously and been more active and motivated with it. I used to be more so into Youtube, but that totally changed. I make videos like once a month now...hopefully going to get back into it! Going to check out your Youtube!!

    Nicole | www.nicolegramcko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha! I know I like to remember everything! I started blogging more seriously in January, and it has been so incredibly fun!! I absolutely love filming too, and I have bursts of being more into one over the other! Ah thank you lovely! Ill take a look at yours too! xx

      Delete
  17. Lovely product and review...enjoyed reading your posts

    Glowyshoes's blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely pictures and great blog post, I have also started working on my IG recently!

    Nina
    xox
    www.thecrispylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I’m still yet to try anything from ColorPop but I’m so worried about ordering them to the UK?! Heading straight over to read your post about those bits.. 🙊 Hope you have a wonderful prom as well, that’s super exciting! 🖤

    Andi | www.andthenzen.co.uk ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure... I live in Canada, but the bits I ordered were all fine! Ahh thank you lovely!! Yess it is!! xx

      Delete
  21. Ahhh such lovely things and your photos are seriously beautiful! I really want to try Colourpop, all of the shades they bring out look so beautiful :D the dress looks so pretty too, I really want to see it! Aw that sucks about the eyebrows, I think they are such personal things to us, it's so easy for other people to get them completely wrong haha :D love your blog! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (PS I’d love to invite you to come and win a lovely bundle of Disney goodies and I’m following back on bloglovin too :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much lovely!! They really are, I would deffo recommend the liquid lipsticks! Ahh thank you!! I know the eyebrows suck, haha!! Definitely agree! Awe thank you!! xx

      Delete
  22. I love the way you review your months! Small aspects that marked you, in a way that appeals to reader! Thanks for sharing!
    Coco|pjsandstuff.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you!! That honestly means so much! Sending lots of love!! xx

      Delete
  23. I love love love these monthly reviews! I feel like you've totally inspired me to start one myself. Sounds like your year has been kicking off amazingly girl!

    xx, mel
    http://melinspired.com/3-ways-get-ready-get-inspired-spring/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much! That makes me so happy!! xx

      Delete
  24. I love that colourpop color.
    Such nice review

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish I could find colourpop in Dubai easily! The quality is amazing! xx
    www.bonjourchiara.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Have to try these!

    Federica
    www.federicadinardo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glad to know you're handling your anxiety well now dear. Wishing you all the best! I'm excited for your prom, make sure you share your outfit in your blog! I'd love to try Colourpop real soon, heard a lot of good things about it.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Jess! That means a lot! I definitely will share my prom dress on here at some point! I would definitely recommend Colourpop, especially their liquid lipsticks!! xx

      Delete
  28. I love that you are doing these reviews.They are usually such a great idea. Loved reading through.
    www.sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like an amazing March to you.
    Thanks for sharing

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  30. How exciting that prom is coming up for you. Hope you have an amazing new month!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. it is very interesting. I enjoyed reading this post and watching pictures dear..
    https://clicknorder.pk online shopping in pakistan

    ReplyDelete

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Study With Me!

Recent On Youtube:

Recent On Youtube:
Colourpop Haul, Unboxing & Review!

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
TMI Tag!