Minimal Everyday Makeup Routine

March 03, 2018

Hey guys!

Generally I wear makeup 4-5 times a week, and usually do a more "full face" look. Recently though I have been loving a more minimal, natural look. I know for some people minimal could just be concealer and mascara, but I personally wear more than that no matter the occasion! I still have bad skin, so If Im going to wear makeup, I wear enough to at least cover it (no use in ruining my skin further if its still going to look bad)! ALSO for those of you who follow me on my Youtube channel, I have filmed this tutorial over there, and the video will be at the end of the post!



Rimmel 25 Hour Lasting Finish Perfection Foundation - Foundation

I start out with foundation because my skin has a lot of acne scars, and concealer just does not do the job. This foundation lasts so well throughout the day, and a little goes a long way, so the foundation itself lasts a long time too! I do however find the coverage decreases throughout the day, and my pigmentation starts to show through the foundation. I apply it with a damp beauty blender, and I find the outcome to be pretty flawless. I find this foundation to be a more dewy finish on the skin, which helps add a youthful glow. I love this foundation, and have used it for years. It is my go to foundation, although I am running out so if you have any drugstore recommendations let me know!




Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder - Setting Powder

I know there are probably plenty of drugstore powders that work just as well, but there is something about this one that always makes my makeup feel special. Not only does this powder set the foundation into place, but it adds a youthful glow to the skin, thanks to the iridescent sparkle you can see in the powder. I honestly love this one, and want to get more from their range, so leave me recommendation down below!




Joe fresh Afterglow Bronzer - Contour/Bronzer

Yes I did just go from Hourglass to Joe Fresh. I am crap at contour and bronzer (honestly whats the difference?), so I got this cheap one a few years ago when I was first venturing into the world of contour and bronzer. Instead of going all out with contour I use this bronzer as a contour, because it creates a really natural definition to the face, while adding a warm glow to the skin. Although I am considering stepping up my contour game, so if you know of any good products be sure to let me know! I apply it to the contour of my cheek, jawline, temples and forehead (no I don't know what I am doing :) I use the Real Techniques contour brush for this, because I seriously love their brushes, and find that they work amazingly well!




M.A.C Prolong wear Blusher in Stay Pretty - Blush

If you saw my 5 Beauty Favourites post you will have heard me rave about this (along with the Hourglass powder). This was one of the first products I ever started using, and still use it to this day. This is my go to blush, especially during the winter. It adds a gorgeous rosy flush of colour to pale skin, that makes you look so incredibly healthy. This one is literally a MUST. I do not use this one in summer because it looks better on paler skin, so I switch to a different blush when I have a tan.





Perfect Brows Palette by Tanya Burr - Brows

I always fill in my brows because I feel like they look so much better if you are wearing foundation (if Im not wearing foundation, and just BB cream on the rare occasion I usually won't fill them in). Again like contour, I was not very experienced when I first got this palette (who am I kidding? I'm no more experienced now, haha!) hence why it is a cheap drugstore one, but it still works really well! The brush it comes with actually works incredibly well too, and makes your eyebrows look so natural!




Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara - Mascara

After brows I move onto mascara, and this is the one I have been using recently. My holy grail mascara is the Benefit Roller Lash mascara, but I ran out of it a year ago, and have been using different mascaras ever since (nothing lives up to the Roller Lash though, so definitely re-purchasing once this one runs out!). This mascara is the one I am currently using, and it does an amazing job at separating the lashes, however I find it usually flakes throughout the day, and I end up with black mascara flakes on my cheeks. Not pretty. If you can put up with that though, this makes a great mascara for separating lashes, making them appear fuller!




NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul - Lipstick

I generally use a different lip product each day, because this is the one thing I LOVE to experiment with. However this is my go to lip product, because it is so natural, and such a beautiful soft pink colour. I am obsessed with the NYX soft matte lip creams, because they are all SO gorgeous, and easy to apply. They don't bleed at all, and really are soft on the lips!



M.A.C Prolong Wear Lipglass in Next Fad - Lipgloss

Winter comes with a lot of chapped lips, so matte lips are a no go for me, which is why if I wear a matte, I always use a lipgloss to add some moisture back into my lips. I know I probably have it all backwards, splurging on powder and lipgloss, but I have used HUNDREDS of lipglosses, and none of them live up to the M.A.C lipglass. This lipgloss is so thick, it guarantees no bleeding, and keeps your lips nice and moisturized all day. This has got to be another holy grail product for me!

That just about concludes my everyday makeup routine! Maybe it isn't as minimal as you're used to, but this is the smallest amount of makeup I will wear (mainly because my skin is bad, I find there is no point in only going halfway with covering it up). This is the exact order I apply my makeup, and find it is the perfect little routine for me! 

What is your go-to everyday makeup product?

Hustle Hard Girl,




Follow Me On: 






Shop the look:


You Might Also Like

33 comments

  1. Hey Zoe! This was a great post! I personally don’t bother with make-up, sometimes I’ll add some concealer and a bit of powder foundation but I will never need mascara! Honestly my lashes are so big. I’ve tried the DIY chocolate lip scrub and it’s truly amazing,
    Keep up the astounding work you’re doing,
    - Erin xx

    http://kittyjadeblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! How lucky to have naturally gorgeous lashes! My problem is my lashes are extremely straight! Ahh Im glad you liked it!! Thank you!! xx

      Delete
  2. So many great items ! Love the lipstick color !

    Have a great weekend !
    Nina
    xox
    www.thecrispylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour of the NYX lip cream is so pretty! Perfect for spring. :) I've never tried the Rimmel foundation, but I've heard so much about it online. Might have a look at it the next time I'm in Boots! x


    Sneha | lifewithsneha.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Yes I love it!! Thank you! xx

      Delete
  4. The rimmel foundations and the Mac blush are two must have in my beauty case since.. I think forever! xx
    www.bonjourchiara.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Two of my all time favourites! xx

      Delete
  5. All these products look great! I love the NYX lipstick and MAC blush!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My all time favourites!! xx

      Delete
  6. Sounds really good!!
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos and flat lay! Also, love NYX lip products.

    Emily Kay || http://emilykay.co/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes NYX lip products have to be one of my favourites!! xx

      Delete
  8. hey .....
    wow it's so awesome photograph,I'm so beautiful picture,Thanks dear for sharing...

    https://www.lukhidiamond.com/LOOSE-DIAMONDS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your makeup routine with us. I love Mac and their blushes, I have several from them. They’ve been my go to for years. I also love Laura Mercier setting powder, it’s amazing!

    Xo, Jackie
    stylemydreams.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mac blushers are my go to! I have never tried Laura Mercier before, but I have heard lots of good things about them! xx

      Delete
  10. Awesome post! I've been going for a more minimal look as well these days - early classes get the best of me and i'm just not about the effort some mornings lols. The NYX lipsticks are absolutely to die for, they're my go to as well! That pink shade is so pretty too - perfect for spring ♥
    xx J

    https://forevertwentysomething.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Haha I am a morning person, but sometimes I just cant be asked with makeup so I won't wear any at all! Seriously though the NYX lipsticks are the actual best! xx

      Delete
  11. I have a similar routine! I like the super natural look, but also like the enhanced look of makeup! I totally agree that concealer just doesn't cut it sometimes... I love how you switched from high-end to drugstore a lot!
    Coco| pjsandstuff.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Haha! I completely agree! No concealer just doesn't do the job! Yes I love to use all price ranges of makeup haha! You have to find what works best right?! Thank you lovely!! xx

      Delete
  12. I love their products, it seems a wonderful collection!!
    And nice review btw!

    Xoxo,
    Alex | Best Dressed 2018 Oscars

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm the same, my minimal amount of make-up is still quite a bit. I've been really wanting to try that shade of NYX matte lip cream out and it looks really good. Think I'm going to get it now.

    Katie xx
    www.amikatie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes you definitely need to get it! You won't regret it I promise! xx

      Delete
  14. I'm ALL about the minimal makeup look! Definitely prefer that over being caked with tons of makeup! These products all look great!

    -Emily | www.East91Blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely!! Thank you lovely!! xx

      Delete
  15. I love that Hourglass palette! x

    www.fromluxewithlove.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/from-luxe-with-love-13163991

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder - Setting Powder sounds really interesting. I'd love to check that out. Thanks for sharing dear!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is amazing! Thank you lovely! xx

      Delete
  17. I love the Rimmel foundation, it's one of my absolute favourites xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Study With Me!

Recent On Youtube:

Recent On Youtube:
Colourpop Haul, Unboxing & Review!

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
TMI Tag!