Lush American Cream Review

April 14, 2018

Follow my blog with Bloglovin






Have you ever tried a hair conditioner, and you almost hear the angels sing? Because I haven't till now.

I wasn't even planning on doing a review on this product, but I honestly love it so much that I couldn't not tell you about it! I actually tried this hair conditioner a few months ago, but didn't care much for it, and didn't bother using it again. However I was recently getting fed up with my current hair conditioner, not because it is bad or anything, it is actually really good, I just fancied a change! So I picked this one out of the cupboard again for another go.




My Hair

Age: 17

Hair type: Straight

Concerns: Frizz

American Cream

Price: $10.95 / 100ml

Rating: 4 / 5 stars

Featured Ingredient: Strawberry

Lush American Cream Hair Conditioner

Smell

I always think the smell of a product is extremely important, for me it can be a make it or break it kinda deal. If a product smells bad, there is a slim chance I will be re-buying it. The American Cream conditioner is a Strawberry-Vanilla scent. It smells absolutely divine, the whole shower fills with the scent of fresh strawberries, and a hint of Vanilla. Once your hair dries, it smells even better. The scent lasts for days, and I mean it! It is actually like something out of the movies. As far as the smell goes its a yes from me!


In The Shower


I think your experience with it in the shower has to be important too, like do you need as excessive amount? Does it still smell good? (yes it does), Does it make your hair soft? etc.
So you know when you put the conditioner in your hair, and your hair feels extremely soft with it in, before you rinse it out? Well, surprisingly this conditioner did not make my hair feel soft in the shower at all, and it reminded me why I stopped using it in the first place. 

When I use conditioner I always ring out all the water in my hair, turn the shower off, put the conditioner in (only at the ends), leave it in for a few minutes, then turn the shower back on and rinse it out with cold water only. When I put this in at first I needed a little bit more in order to cover the ends of my hair, but you still don't need too much product!

Drying Your Hair

I don't know about you, but I personally do not own a hair dryer (I know, shock, horror). I always let my hair air dry. I will usually wash it in the evening, then go to bed with it still damp, and usually it will be dry (or almost dry) by the next day. However, because I don't use a hair dryer, my hair can be quite frizzy the next day, and after using this conditioner it was still frizzy.



Any Other Products Used?

My hair did feel pretty darn good once it dried, however it was still a bit frizzy. I usually use this next product no matter what, because it is for de-frizzing, which is always what my hair needs.  

The second product I used was the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz Serum. I used this the next morning once my hair was dry. I simply put one pump in my hand, and ran it through the ends of my hair. Usually at this point my hair feels lovely and soft. However after pairing it with the American Cream conditioner, my hair felt the softest it has ever felt. It was so shiny, and silky, and not frizzy AT ALL. 

The Aftermath

Is it possible for your hair to be too soft? Because if so, I think it was. My hair is literally in such good condition that my ponytail always falls out, there is no such thing as a messy bun, and I haven't had to brush my hair since I washed it (okay that sounds kind of gross, but my hair literally does not need brushing at all!). My hair feels so insanely good, and a week after washing my hair I can still smell the strawberry/vanilla scent.

Would I Recommend It?

From this post, I think you can pretty confidently guess that I would recommend it. Overall I would give this product a 5/5 paired with the serum, because there is literally nothing else I would want for my hair. It feels good, it smells good, its extremely soft and shiny, and lasts up until you wash your hair again. If I used this product alone however, I would give it more like 4/5 stars, simply because it doesn't help with frizz. 


Have you tried this hair conditioner? What is your favourite hair conditioner?


Hustle Hard Girl,





Follow Me On: 




Pin It For Later!


Shop the post:



You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Wow, this sounds incredible! I’ve tried numerous things from Lush but I’m yet to try anything from their hair range. Have been looking for some new hair products for a while now so may give these a try!x:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love Lush! Definitely recommend it! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I like the scent of American cream too! I think it worked okay for me in terms of softening when I was still a brunette, but I have bleached hair now, so I've only been using Daddy-O from Lush at the moment.
    Btw,I love your photographs! They're so crisp and clean :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I have never dyed my hair so I couldn't say it if would have been good or not! I haven't heard of Daddy-O before! Thank you!! xx

      Delete
  3. This products sounds so good, I have to check it out! Thank you for the review. It was very helpful!

    xx Freja
    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how detailed this review is! Keep up with the great work!

    Mihaailo | mihaailo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love lush products
    This one is my fave

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect conditioner. I'm just so sad that I don't have Lush in my city :( And I don't ever order things from Internet o that's also not an option
    https://miss-uncover.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I couldn't imagine living in a city with no Lush! Have you tried OGX? I love their hair care stuff! Especially the purple one which is Biotin & Collagen :) xx

      Delete
  7. I love Lush products. This one sounds woderful.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scent of this sounds incredible! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like an amazing product!!
    Nice pics too ;)
    Have a nice evening,
    Olivia Poncelet <3
    www.oliviaponcelet.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great product, the scent alone is awesome!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh this looks so pretty! Great flatlay!
    -Kate // http://www.classyandkate.com/charmed-by-charleston-what-to-do-see/

    ReplyDelete

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Study With Me!

Recent On Youtube:

Recent On Youtube:
Colourpop Haul, Unboxing & Review!

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
TMI Tag!