Colourpop Haul, Review & First Impressions

March 24, 2018



I have wanted to try Colourpop for months now. After having heard amazing things about the brand for a solid year, I figured it was about time I spent a little bit of that paycheque on the brand. After snooping around their website for a week, day in day out, I finally settled on a range of products. I opted for an ultra matte liquid lipstick, an ultra satin liquid lipstick, a supernova liquid eyeshadow, and a mini eyeshadow palette. I was definitely the most excited to try out the lipsticks as those are the products the brand is famous for!




Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Bumble

It is a bit difficult to tell what colour some of these products are going to be online, so it is not exactly the colour I was expecting. HOWEVER that being said, I do not own any lipsticks in this colour, which is a plus for me since I own every shade of pink imaginable. The colour on is actually gorgeous! It is so completely different from anything else I own, and I cannot even describe what sort of colour it is. It is like a mauve, pink, brown colour (haha! Excellent explanation there). The precision of this liquid lipstick is actually amazing, it is so easy to apply, and very opaque (which is a must for me! What is the point of a "buildable" lipstick that never bloody builds?).

After having put this one on I was already in love! It stays on all day, does not bleed AT ALL, and is also extremely easy to remove. It is however rather drying, which is not surprising for an ultra matte lipstick. I did also find that it transferred a little, on glasses I drank out of, food, etc. but it was not too bad, and totally manageable!




Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick in Lyin' King

I kept putting lots of colours in and out of my basket, but I couldn't bare to leave this colour behind! Again it is a slightly different colour online versus in person, but I am definitely not mad! It is a gorgeous dark berry colour. However because it is slightly different to what is shown online, it is extremely similar to my Tarte Lip Paint in Lovespell. This one is a satin finish compared to the above matte finish. I definitely prefer this satin one over the matte. This one is almost matte, it just has a little more moisture in it, which I LOVE. Again the precision of this is amazing, and it does not bleed at all! The colour stays put all day, and is very opaque. I did however notice there was a lot more transfer than the matte one above, which was a little annoying. It also did not remove as easily, and there were stained parts on my lips after removing it. 










No Biggie Eyeshadow palette
Colours left to right: 20 something, Feathered, Lay Low, Comeback Kid

This palette contains 4 gorgeous colours; a shimmery champagne pink, a matte blush pink, a matte dark chocolate brown, and a shimmery gold. I have heard a fair bit about their eyeshadows, but the main point being that they are very pigmented. Personally I am a pigmented girl, I love my bold shadows, not too bright, but still noticeable. The colours in this palette looked gorgeous, so I was very excited to try them out. HOWEVER. I am very fussy when it comes to eyeshadows. I like what I like, and if a shadow gives me trouble its a goodbye from me. My all time favourite eyeshadows I could never complain about are the Urban Decay palettes. They are amazing, and the shadows blend perfectly. 

At first use of this palette I am going to admit I was disappointed. The shadows were not very pigmented at all, you could barely tell I was wearing any. They also did not blend very easily, and tended to set into creases a little. Overall I was not impressed, which is a shame because I really wanted to like them. 





Supernova Shadow in Walk Of Fame

I was very intrigued by this product because I have never used a liquid eyeshadow before, but the colour was so gorgeous I couldn't pass it up! It is a beautiful metallic gold, that is like nothing I have ever seen before. The colour on looks gorgeous, and actually makes my eyes look very green, which is always a positive in my books! At first I thought it would feel tight on my lid as it dries, but you cannot even feel it. This colour is more buildable, and not fully opaque, but I can most definitely work with that! 

The only thing I would say about this product is that there is barely any product on the brush. As you pull the brush out of the container, just like a lipgloss, all the product gets wiped off so it is really difficult to get a lot of coverage. I also noticed it started to crackle on my lid, and flaked off a little which I was not a fan of! The first time I used this, I used it on top of another eyeshadow so that it had a base to sit on, so maybe that is why? I have yet to try it on without an eyeshadow underneath though.

Have you ever tried Colourpop? What did you think?

Hustle Hard Girl,




Follow Me On: 




You Might Also Like

37 comments

  1. I haven't tried any Colourpop products before, but they all look so gorgeous.
    I'm really loving the liquid lipstick.
    Clem x
    www.clemloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have wanted to try it for so long! Thank you so much lovely! The liquid lipsticks are gorgeous :) xx

      Delete
  2. These colours are all so beautiful! I haven't tried Colourpop - I don't think they're in the UK yet, but it looks like a really good brand. :D

    Sneha | lifewithsneha.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? They aren't here in Canada yet either, I ordered them online :) xx

      Delete
  3. Your photography is beautiful - I've always wanted to try out Colour Pop and these liquid lipsticks look gorgeousssss!

    https://www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you so much lovely! I know right? They are so pretty! xx

      Delete
  4. You picked some great colors! I haven't been very impressed with their eyeshadows either, but I've found that if I layer them over cream shadows, the colors really pop!

    Molly and Stacie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ahh at least Im not the only one! Ill have to try using a cream shadow underneath! Thank you lovely! xx

      https://zoe-ware.blogspot.ca

      Delete
  5. I have heard so much about this brand but I haven't actually tried any of their products. These liquid lipstick looks great so maybe I should give it a try

    xx Freja
    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Yes! The liquid lipsticks are definitely worth it! xx

      Delete
  6. I LOVE Colourpop - the pigment is so good and they usually last me all day! Great photos and review - thanks for sharing, girl!

    -Emily | www.East91Blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess!! Their liquid lipsticks have to be my favourite so far! Thank you so much lovely!! xx

      Delete
  7. I haven't heard of Colourpop before 🙈 Saying that though, I do like the look of the lipsticks. Not tried a proper liquid one before, but I am all about that staying power.
    Its a shame that the eye shadows disappointed!

    Aimsy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I thought most people had heard about the brand, but I guess you have to read & watch the right people, haha! This is definitely THE lipstick the staying power! Thank you lovely! xx

      Delete
  8. Nice post! I have never tried anything from Colorpop mainly because I'm afraid of the heifty custom charges from the US to Ireland.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Ahh yes the postage fee can suck, it isn't terrible from US to Canada, but I bet it is defining worse for Ireland! Hopefully they come into stores internationally soon! xx

      Delete
  9. The ultra matte lipstick in Bumble is so beautiful! Ah it makes me want to invest all my money in their products. It's a shame the eyeshadow palette wasn't well pigmented, it looked so promising! The liquid eyeshadow is so pretty, I'm obsessed with gold atm! Hope it works better on its own for you! Great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bumble is honestly so gorgeous! Yes, I really wanted to like the eyeshadows, but they just weren't what I was expecting! The liquid eyeshadow works a lot better after a few uses! Thank you lovely xx

      Delete
  10. I’ve wanted to try colour pop for so long! I like the look of the liquid lipsticks, I am a fan of liquid lipsticks and the colours you chose are gorgeous! It’s a shame about the eyeshadow palette though 😕

    Sophie x - Sophieamour.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the liquid lipsticks are honestly amazing! Thank you! Yes I know, I wanted to like them, they just weren't for me! xx

      Delete
  11. I recently did a little haul from Colourpop as well and bought two liquid lipsticks (matte.) They weren't as drying as I was expecting, which I was thankful for and they didn't transfer. I bought the I Think I Love You eyeshadow palette and --while the colors are beautiful-- I don't use it as much as I thought I would!

    Great post! x

    Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Ill have to give it a read! That is good that yours didn't transfer! Yes I don't use the eyeshadows as much as I wanted to, lesson learnt! Haha! xx

      Delete
  12. I haven’t tried Colour Pop but I do love the packaging and I am a big liquid lipstick fan so will definitely add those to my list!

    Ellyn x | Life Of A Beauty Nerd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I definitely recommend the liquid lipsticks! xx

      Delete
  13. I am loving the look of these lipsticks. I guess it is quite hard to order online but you have made some great choices here x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These colors are so pretty! I'm definitely going to have to try!

    asplashofsharan.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those colors are pretty. I'll have to try them sometime soon!
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a colourpop but never tried it.
    This colors looks nice.

    Much Love, Jane | The Bandwagon Chic
    New Vlog Entry!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are really pretty shades! Will definitely check out Colour Pop. Looks so pretty!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes definitely recommend the liquid lipsticks! xx

      Delete
  18. Good thing I read your review I was going to buy the palette !
    https://thefrenchiestblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes, it really disappointed me! Such a shame as I really wanted to like it! xx

      Delete
  19. I haven't tried anything from colourpop, but I've definitely been meaning to! Every time I go to their website to pick something out I'm just so overwhelmed by the amount of choices haha. The eye shadow palette looks amazing though! Great haul.

    Shann Eileen | www.shanneileen.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm looking for the perfect lipsticks, thank you for your post!

    Kisses <3

    https://ariadnabelmonte.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  21. That comeback kid eyeshadow is so gorgeous!
    I am getting married early next year and I am on the lookout for makeup ideas. That gold might just be exactly what I'm looking for. Ill have to give it a try! Thank you for the review!

    www.megpuddy.com

    ReplyDelete

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Study With Me!

Recent On Youtube:

Recent On Youtube:
Colourpop Haul, Unboxing & Review!

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
TMI Tag!