DIY Chocolate Lip Scrub

February 14, 2018

Hey guys!

Happy Valentines day! With chocolate being a big thing during Valentines day, I thought a DIY chocolate lip scrub would be perfect.

My lips have been so insanely dry recently, that no amount of lip balm is helping. I went to grab my Lush lip scrub, but couldn't find it anywhere! It is like it has just disappeared into thin air (or dry lips). Either way I figured why not make my own? I have made them before, and there are thousands of recipes out there, so I figured I would try a new one today! A chocolate lip scrub! Who else is excited? Just me? probably.





The container is up to you, I personally re-used a tester of the Clinique take the day off cleansing balm, because it was the perfect size! There are plenty of containers you can buy at Dollarama though!

Ingredients:

- 3 parts sugar
- 1 part olive oil
- 1 part unsweetened cocoa powder
- a squirt of honey

1.  As far as making the scrub went, I found it easier to literally put the ingredients in one by one and keep mixing with a cocktail stick as I went. I started off with the sugar and olive oil, stirring till it was all mixed. (You can always mix up the ingredients in a bowl first, and then transfer it, but I found that a bit messy!)

2. Then add in the cocoa powder, and mix that up!

3. Finally add a little squirt of honey, and you guessed it. Mix it in!

4.  If you prefer a thicker scrub you can add more sugar, if you want it to be more moisturizing and thinner, add more olive oil and honey!

5. Clean up the edges, pop the lid on, and you are done!

To use: Dollop a little bit onto your lips, give them a gentle scrub. Then leave on for a few minutes, and wash, or lick off! (completely edible, so its up to you!)

Let me know if you try it out! Whats your favourite lip scrub?

Hustle Hard Girl,



Follow Me On: 




Pin It For Later! 


You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. That looks so good and easy to make, lips have been so dry recently!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! It tastes good too ;) xx

      Delete
  2. That stuff sounds really good. I bet it smells good.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yess, definitely let me know!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! x

    www.fromluxewithlove.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/from-luxe-with-love-14590195

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing, I've never thought of making my own lip scrubs before. Xx

    www.flolavita.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are so easy to make, and so fun! xx

      Delete
  6. This is such a cool idea, thanks so much for sharing!!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome idea! It smells gorgeous.
    Best wishes from a random,
    Erin x

    http://kittyjadeblog.wordpress.con

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Right back at you ;) xx

      Delete
    2. I was just wonder whether sweetened cocoa powder is okay too?

      Delete
    3. That is okay! The scrub will just be sweeter :) xx

      Delete

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Study With Me!

Recent On Youtube:

Recent On Youtube:
Colourpop Haul, Unboxing & Review!

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
TMI Tag!