Lush Ayesha Face Mask Review

February 03, 2018

Hey guys!

I am a Lush addict. There I said it. I am obsessed with their huge, heavenly, bath bombs, their cooling fresh face masks, the soft moisturizing bath melts, and foamy bubble bars. Just say the word "Lush" and I'll be there. At this point I have tried pretty much everything from the store, and love 99.9% of their products. The fresh face masks will always be my all time favourite though! For years I have been obsessed with their Love Lettuce face mask, and it has been my holy grail since I found it. 

The other day however, I went shopping (lush was there, money was spent, enough said.) and picked up a new mask. I have had problems with my skin for years; acne, lots of scars, and redness. My acne has been clearing up a lot though, and I thought I would treat myself to a new mask. This time I wanted one specifically for scars, to help with the pigmentation. Since I have always looked for a mask to help with acne, I didn't know where to start, so I asked for help. She recommended Ayesha, so I figured I would give it a go!




 My skin:


Age: 17

Type: Combination/Acne prone, (oily T-zone and chin, dry around my nose and cheeks)

Concerns: Acne, scars, and redness.


Ayesha Mask: 


Rating: 4/5 stars (online)

Target: Reduces the appearance of wrinkles (online).

Ayesha Face Mask - $9.95


Smell:


The featured ingredient in this face mask is Kiwi. Personally I am not a massive fan of Kiwi, so it is definitely not my favourite smelling mask. However, smell's do not bother me if I am just slapping it on my face, hence why Cosmetic Warrior (garlic) does not bother me too much. On the other hand, face masks for me are supposed to be relaxing, and pampering, so the face mask has to be pretty good for me to keep re-buying a smelly mask!

Acne & Ayesha


This face mask says it is best for reducing the appearance of wrinkles, so I wonder if actually the Lush employee got it mixed up. Either way, I was still recommended this one. Personally I do not think this one should have been recommended for acne prone skin. As far as acne went, I noticed a few more spots. I have nothing against a mask bringing the gunk out of my face, thats what they are for right? However I get cystic acne, and that does not go away on its own (anytime soon at least). Unfortunately I noticed this mask started to bring some cysts back. Its the cystic acne that I draw the line at, as it takes a lot of time to get rid of them, and I had only just managed to clear them up (damn!). 

Pigmentation & Ayesha


The second problem I had was pigmentation. The Witch Hazel and rosemary oil should have been good ingredients for pigmentation, but unfortunately that was not the case for me. Usually the cysts I get are colourless, or slightly red, however after using this mask I noticed the new cysts I was getting were bright red. The other spots were also very red, and almost irritated (which is odd as I don't generally have sensitive skin). Overall this mask is was not good for my pigmentation personally.

The After Effects


After using this mask I did not notice much difference in my skin. According to the Lush website, "leave skin taut, tight and looking fresh, giving dull, tired faces, a bright, youthful glow". I would say my skin was tighter, but I would not say it was less dull & tired, brighter, and youthful. Generally I prefer my face masks to leave my skin feeling soft, and deeply cleansed. The honey in this mask left my skin feeling a little bit dewier, and kind of dirty. It did not help with the oil in my skin, or the dryness.

Would I recommend it?


Personally I was not a massive fan of this mask, I really wanted to like it, I just didn't unfortunately. I definitely would not recommend it for acne prone, oily skin, or skin with pigmentation, but that was just my experience with it. I think this mask would be better for aging skin, or dry skin. 

For my skin type I would not recommend this face mask, and would give it more like 2/5 stars. However I do think this mask is supposed to be for a specific skin type (which was not mine), and would therefore give it 3. 5 /5 stars.

Love Lettuce still remains my favourite face mask! Definitely give this one a try, this mask just wasn't for me! Let me know what your favourite Lush mask is below!

Hustle Hard Girl,




Follow Me On: 



You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. can you believe that I never tried LUSH before? I might put this on my list :)

    http://villemo20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I really want to try this now!!

    www.petiteelliee.com

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this before. It looks great though, and I love the name of it!

    www.kaieshastewart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a go! xx

      Delete
  4. Such a thorough review!!! This definitely helps for next time I go into Lush haha
    I've never tried the Love Lettuce Mask so I will have to give that a try.

    My skin is SO sensitive so I have to be careful what I put on my face but some of the products in Ayesha don't seem like they would be good for me so Love Lettuce will for sure be my next product!

    Also have you tried their jelly masks?! They are a little different, but what are your thoughts????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the Love Lettuce one! Im wondering if that was my problem with Ayesha, it just did not like my skin at all, and I couldn't use the rest of the mask!

      I have seen the jelly masks and tried them in store, but have not bought my own yet! I just can't part with the fresh face masks! Have you tried them?? xx

      Delete
  5. I love Lush products and the fact that they're all natural is even better!
    Noelle
    http://elle-no.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds amazing sweety!! I need to try.

    http://modernastrega.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh no, sorry to hear this didn't work so well for you! Lush bath bombs are the best though!

    Vivian | LIVE IN LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obsessed with lush products, and this post has only made me want to buy more!
    http://brookeslifex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try Love Lettuce but it's always sold out! I've only tried Rosy cheeks and I really liked that one!

    http://illustrious-mari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Study With Me!

Recent On Youtube:

Recent On Youtube:
Colourpop Haul, Unboxing & Review!

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
TMI Tag!